Game Notes | Game Program | Flyers Promote Game on Local Morning Show | Coach Mike Tucker Game Preview
The University of Dayton women’s soccer team will host Ohio State this Friday, Sept. 3 at Baujan Field. Game time is 6 p.m. ET. The Flyers will travel to Auburn Hills, Mich. to take on Oakland on Sunday, Sept. 5 at 3 p.m. ET.
FLYERS TO APPEAR ON FOX 45 MORNING SHOW
Members of the Flyer men’s and women’s soccer teams will appear on the Fox 45 Morning Show tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 2 to promote their upcoming games. Ryan Bauer and Marlon Duran will represent the Flyer men’s soccer team, while Kelly Blumenschein and Emily Kenyon will represent the women’s team.The Flyers will be on air at approximately 7:45 a.m. on WGRT FOX 45.
WELCOME BACK WEEKEND
Dayton’s Friday night match “Red Out Match” vs. the Buckeyes is part of UD’s Welcome Back Weekend. All fans are encouraged to wear red. In addition to double Red Scare points for students in attendance, the first 300 fans through the gate get a coupon for a free hot dog, pop and chips redeemable during halftime at the UD concession stand. T-shirts and pizzas will randomly be passed out during the game. The first 200 fans will receive a free poster (pictured). Parking and admission are free.
• Dayton is 2-7-0 all-time against the Buckeyes. The last time the two teams met was in the first round of the 2003 NCAA Tournament and Ohio State came away with a 3-0 win. The Flyers’ last win against OSU came in 1997.
• UD is 4-1-0 all-time against Oakland and has won four consecutive. The Flyers dealt the Grizzlies a 5-0 loss on Sept. 23, 2007.
• The Flyers are 3-1-0 and coming off a 2-0 win over Air Force. They suffered a 1-0 overtime loss to Colorado College on Friday.
• Dayton opened the season 2-0 after wins over Butler (1-0 in double overtime) and Toledo (2-1).
• Sophomore Colleen Williams leads the Flyers with seven points (3 goals and 1 assist). She scored the game-winner vs. Butler and Air Force.
• Alexis Garcia scored the game-winning goal against Toledo.
• Alli Giner scored a goal and had the game-winning assist in Dayton’s 2-0 win over Air Force.
• The Flyers return 16 players from the team that posted a 16-1-6 record and advanced to the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament.
• Senior Lisa Rodgers is 2-0 with two shutouts in two starts in goal for the Flyers. She has seven saves and an A-10 leading 0.00 GAA.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
• Ohio State is 2-1-1 with wins over Pittsburgh (2-0) and West Virginia (3-1). They tied Marquette (1-1) and lost to Wisconsin-Milwaukee (2-1). The Flyers tied Marquette last season in the first round of the NCAA Tournament and advanced on PKs.
• OSU is ranked No. 21 in the latest TopDrawerSoccer Tournament 64 Ranking.
• Nine different players have put up points for the Buckeyes this season. Lauren Granberg (2g) and Tiffany Cameron (1g, 2a) lead the way with four points each.
• Junior Caitlyn Martin has scored a goal and an assist for three points. She hails from the same high school (Hilliard Davidson) as UD junior defender Kathleen Beljan.
• OSU junior defender Cassie Dickerson was named to the Hermann Trophy Watch List.
• The Buckeyes return 20 letterwinners and nine starters from the team that went 14-4-2 last season and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
• Oakland is 1-2-0 going into the weekend. The Grizzlies face Michigan Friday before taking on Dayton Sunday.
• After starting the season with a school-record 16-0 win over Rochester in the season opener, OU has suffered two shutouts; a 2-0 loss to Western Michigan and a 3-0 loss to Pittsburgh.
• There are 14 OU players that have registered points this season. Junior Amy Trandell leads the way with six points after netting a hat trick against Rochester.
• The Grizzlies have 21 letterwinners returning from the squad that went 7-9-1 last season. OU has advanced to the NCAA Tournament five times, including back-to-back seasons in 2006 and 2007.
Dayton will play in the Penn Invitational Sept. 10-12. The Flyers play Lehigh on Friday, Sept. 10 and the hosts Penn on Sunday.