Freshman Denton Sagerman will make his first career start on Wednesday.
- Dayton at Miami (Ohio)
Wednesday, 6 p.m. ET
McKie Field at Hayden Park
• Dayton visits Miami (Ohio) on Wednesday before beginning at three-game weekend series in Evansville this weekend.
• The 6 p.m. ET scheduled first pitch on Wednesday will be the third night game of the season for Dayton. The Flyers are 1-1 under the lights.
• It will be the 134th meeting between the Redhawks and Flyers. Miami holds a 97-35-1 advantage in the series that dates back to 1921. Last season Dayton shutout Miami, 6-0, at Time Warner Cable Stadium.
• Dayton is 2-5 against teams from the Mid-American Conference this season. Miami is 2-1 against A-10 teams after winning two-of-three against Xavier (3/20-21, 4/10).
Dayton at a Glance
17-20, 8-4 Atlantic 10
Team B.A. / ERA:
.302 / 5.66
RHP Denton Sagerman (Fr., 0-1, 9.95 ERA)
• The Flyers lead the A-10 in team batting average (.302) and lead the NCAA in stolen bases (106).
• Senior C.J. Gillman has a team-high .352 batting average and leads the conference in RBI (39). Gillman has started in 96 consecutive games as a Flyer – since the beginning of the 2011 season.
• UD leads the A-10 with 402 team hits. Senior centerfielder Bobby Glover (52), senior shortstop Brian Blasik (51) and Gillman (51) make up the A-10’s top three in total individual hits.
• Blasik ranks fourth in the nation in total doubles (18). UD’s single-season doubles record is 23.
• Freshman right-handed pitcher Denton Sagerman is slated to make his first career start on Wednesday. Sagerman’s longest outing of the season leading up to UD’s mid-week game was four innings against Toledo (3/14) with three strikeouts.
• Right-handed pitchers Burny Mitchem (285) and Hauschild (231) both rank in the top three in career strikeouts at Dayton. Mitchem ranks first and Hauschild ranks third.
• Freshman first baseman A.J. Ryan is a two-time A-10 Rookie of the Week. Ryan ranks fourth in the A-10 in overall runs batted in (32).
LAST TIME OUT
• Dayton improved to 8-4 in league play after winning two-of-three against Fordham at Time Warner Cable Stadium last weekend.
• Sophomore third baseman Robby Sunderman hit .467 during the four-game week with seven hits and six RBI.
• Senior right-handed pitcher Tim Bury tossed a complete-game victory against the Rams in game one of a doubleheader on Sunday. Bury struck out seven in nine innings, allowing just three earned runs.
Miami (Ohio) at a Glance
17-19, 4-8 Mid-American
Team BA / ERA:
.301 / 5.09
RHP Clay Cinnamon (Fr., 0-0, 5.40 ERA)
• Miami enters Wednesday on a season-long four-game losing streak after being swept by Northern Illinois at home last weekend.
• The Redhawks will start freshman right Clay Cinnamon against the Flyers. It will be Cinnamon’s second start through five appearances and 8 2/3 innings pitched this season.
• Freshman Matt Honchel paces Miami’s offense with a MAC-leading.408 batting average and 57 hits.
• Seventh-year head coach Dan Simonds has a 193-182 record at Miami.
• At 4-8 in league play, the Redhawks are tied for 4th in the East Division of the MAC standings. MU leads the MAC in offense during conference games (.335 batting average).
• The Redhawks have a seven-game winning streak to their credit this season, doing so from March 8 through March 17.
National Weather Service Forecast – Oxford, Ohio
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46 degrees. Calm wind.